When your body is filled with toxins, it’s not only affecting your internal system but your external system (your skin is your LARGEST organ!). Once your body is filled with toxins, it must work overtime to get rid of waste. This cycle causes symptoms of fatigue, brain fog, and low energy. Whether you’ve taken the plunge to do our Detox in a Box, a 14-day two-phase, medical-grade liver detox, or are wanting to start to eliminate trigger foods (and figuring out those triggers!) that cause stress on your body, detoxing the correct way is of utmost importance. Check out our Wellness products to kick start your detox!
Here are some quick tips to get in gear and start DETOXING!
- Bottoms up!
Drink ½ of your body weight in fluid oz of alkaline water
Try water infusions for flavor and added antioxidants and electrolytes.
- Move your body!
Aim for 30 minutes/day. Rotate between: walking, yoga, Pilates,
resistance training (Barre Classes + weights) and other cardio that is energizing, not depleting.
- No sleep till Brooklyn (just kidding, those days are over!)
Be sure your phone is off and not emitting EMFs within 5 feet of your brain.
- I like my products, like I like my people, “non-toxic.”
Choose toxin-free skincare, makeup, body care, and home cleaning products. Use glass instead of BPA containing plastics.
- I’ve got 99 problems and nutraceuticals solved like 98 of them.
Multi-Vitamin with Anti-oxidants + methylation support.
Check out these foods to avoid when you decide to begin your detox:
So, your detox is over and, well, you can’t go back to the exact way you were eating before since it’ll be counterproductive. Reintroducing foods slowly is the key trick to getting back into a daily rhythm while still benefiting from your detox. Use these three steps for food reintroduction:
- Make a list and introduce one avoided food group every three days.
- When you find you have headaches, breakouts, gastrointestinal issues, bowel changes or mood changes, you may be sensitive to that food group.
- Proceed with caution in eating that food group going forward.
You made it! If you're asking, 'what's next?' then you've come to the right place.
This is a lifestyle change and a real decision. Nutraceuticals nourish your body and stop cravings.
We are happy to walk you through them and all nontoxic beauty and skincare.
As we age, chemical and toxin exposure and build up mounts. Imbalances in the body ensue and these issues can arise: chronic fatigue, insomnia, auto-immune disease (lupus, Hashimotos, thyroiditis, celiac, etc), skin disorders, hair loss, eyebrow, and lash loss, anxiety, depression, hormonal issues, digestive disorders, food intolerances and more! In order to optimize that immune starts with the following:
Elimination, support, repopulation, reintroduction, optimization. This includes food, lifestyle changes, nutraceuticals, diet alterations, stress management, rest, and clean skincare and beauty (duh). We often recommend our Detox in a Box to kick start these changes in just 2 weeks!
Detox In A Box clients have enjoyed great success! They say things like, “I never knew I could feel this good! Thank you!!”
Recs for a successful detox:
Detox in A Box (of course)
Detox Packets (to continue gentle detoxing after the 14 day program!)
Vegan Protein Powder (perfect for on-the-go type of mornings)
Collagen Powder (great for recovery)
Daily Must-Have (twice daily vitamins to stay regulated!)
Innerbalance L-Glutamine (balances out the gut)
In the functional medicine arena, detox is studied as breaking into 2 phases.
- Phase 1 includes oxidation-reduction and hydrolysis, in other words, the liver is activated and the toxins stored in our fat cells are made water-soluble so that they can eventually be removed. This phase can cause additional harm to the body if inadequate antioxidants are consumed. Antioxidants from berries, citrus fruits, and green teas protect us from cellular damage due to toxin activation.
- Phase 2 of detox is conjugation in the liver and finally excretion. Specific nutrients again are needed to ensure proper elimination, hence why our food choices and supplementation are so imperative for a successful and safe detox!
So what should you eat on a detox? Think single ingredient foods, mostly produce and fresh herbs, foods that come from the earth! YOU SHOULD AVOID wheat, dairy, corn, inflammatory oils (canola, vegetable, soy), sugar and other processed foods. And even alcohol.
**We are glad you enjoyed this blog. These statements are not intended to be medical advice. Seek medical attention by your physician to see what therapies are right for you. Ask your doctor about your specific concerns and how they relate to Detox in a Box/ Detox Packets. Although our statements are based in opinion, on research and in facts, everyone’s unique situation is different and this advice should not be considered individualized advice specifically to you. Of course, like anything, please use your best judgment.