TRUTH | L-Glutamine is an amino acid with a vast array of functions and health benefits, which are derived from its ability to feed various cells in the body. Glutamine is essential to the health of the immune system and the digestive tract. In the gut it promotes the health and proper functioning of mucosal cells, which are necessary for normal healing and repair. Glutamine also supports optimal muscle growth and strength and has been shown to be particularly useful in helping to maintain muscle tissue.
BEAUTY | Our L-Glutamine is our fave amino acid! It's an essential amino acid that balances out your gut and repairs your gut lining. Did you know your gut is your second brain?!
Recommended Use: Take one capsule per day, or as directed by your health care practioner.
Amount Per Serving:
WHAT IT'S GOOD FOR
- Support gastrointestinal health
- Protect the body from occasional stress
- Support natural immunity
- Aid in muscle growth and strength
- Promote healthy blood sugar levels
- Regulate the appetite
- Promote skin health and integrity
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Glutamine, like all amino acids, contains nitrogen, which is needed by many cells throughout the body – including immune, gut and muscle cells. Nitrogen is also a building block for proteins, antioxidants, neurotransmitters and DNA. Glutamine has a unique Robin Hood-like nature: it distributes nitrogen freely to the cells which need it most, giving your body powerful and wide-ranging health effects.
- Immune Support – Provides a major energy source for the immune system and its varied cells. Illnesses, infections, and chronic stress can deplete the body of these important cells, making glutamine an excellent nutrient for immune support.
- Skin Integrity – As a basic building block of protein and tissue, glutamine supports the integrity of the skin, especially during occasional periods of physical stress or injury.
- Maintenance of Muscle Tissue – Helps reduce muscle soreness by enhancing muscle recovery during sports events or exercise. If a person is unable to consume a regular meal, glutamine will instantly provide the nitrogen that is normally obtained through a meal and which is required to build and maintain normal muscle.
- Antioxidant – Increases production of glutathione, the body’s main antioxidant. This, in turn, supports a healthy immune response, protects tissues from oxidative damage, and helps detoxify harmful substances.
- Brain Support – As an important precursor for the production of neurotransmitter substances in the brain, glutamine helps to support brain wellness and mental energy.
- Blood Sugar Support – Helps to support healthy insulin levels and stimulate glycogen (a stored form of glucose) to help support normal blood sugar. Additionally, as glutamine supports adequate neurotransmitter levels, it will also help healthy appetite regulation signaled by brain messages.
- Gut Repair – By fueling the mucosal cells of the intestine, glutamine strengthens the integrity of the intestinal wall in order to support a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
WELLNESS DIRECTOR'S PURE TRUTH
"If I had to take one supplement everyday it would be L-Glutamine! This is your best friend if you've got any gut issues. It can also help combat sugar cravings."
Head to our blog to read The Scoop on Amino Acids and our Nutraceuticals IGTV!
Capsules: Take one capsule per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Powder: Take 3 grams (approx. 3⁄4 teaspoon) per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
All content and media regarding health, wellness, nutraceuticals, vitamins, skincare or beauty on Switch2Pure’s Website, in their emails or included in any social media platform is created and published online for informational purposes ONLY! It is not intended to be read or seen as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions or concerns you may have about your health. Do not disregard the advice of your doctor or other medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on our website, social media, email or eBook.
If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital or call 911 immediately. If you choose to rely on any information provided in or on Switch2Pure.com or any social media platform, email or otherwise, you do so solely at your own risk. External links that are not explicitly created by Switch2Pure are followed at your own risk. Under no circumstances is Switch2Pure responsible for the claims of third-party websites or educational resources.