TRUTH | Step aside, jade roller. There's a new sculpting tool in town!
BEAUTY | Called the Eastern Facelift (you won't need botox after all!), Gua Sha is used in traditional Chinese medicine with numerous benefits, including sculpting and firming facial muscles; reduces wrinkles; smoothes the skin; improves dark under eye circles and puffiness around the eye (YES, please!); diminishes acne, rosacea and other facial skin conditions; reduces stress.
Gua Sha has been practiced in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this Gua Sha tool was built to have a firming, lifting and sculpting effect on the skin. Instantly depuff undereye bags, chisel and sculpt cheekbones and improve the brightness of your skin.
Pure White Jade, sourced from China.
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum.
- Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose to the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape to the ear. Gently massage the Gua Sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the Gua Sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
- Bring down the neck and collarbone to help with lymphatic drainage.
*Watch our IGTV for a video tutorial on how to sculpt your skin, jawline and neck with our White Jade Gua Sha.
**Read our blog for more details.
***Keep in the fridge and use during AM and PM skincare routines.