30A had not been on my bucket list until my kids convinced me it would be fun. I was surprised how much I loved 30A! Beware, I've been told that the crowds, waits and lines have been worse than ever before. Even though, it is somewhat crowded, there are so many things to do off the beaten path. We chose Watercolor for the biking trails, access to the lake and to meet up with other friends staying in that part of 30A. I think next time I would like to try Rosemary, as it is biking only, no golf carts, and has beautiful Dutch architecture. If I go back for a girls trip, I definitely want to stay in Alys Beach, because the Grecian white buildings are stunning!! Weather was fabulous all week!
Because it's Cancer Survivor Day we made sure to be protected with SPF. I was super consistent with my body and skincare regimens. Plus, I got a Notox, Spray Tan and wax before my trip! Learn how to Jump Start Your Summer Slim Down and Summer's Perfectly Light Weight Skincare Routine!
Check out our Travel Checklist for musts to bring! Here's all of the products I brought with me:
- Travel Discovery Kit
- Good + Glow
- Wash This
- Crush On
- Prime Fix
- Glow-on-the-Go Travel Trio
- Suntegrity 5-in1
Don't forget arrival packages/goodie bags for you and your friends (my treat of course): Check out my go-to's!
Here are some of my top picks:
- Bud and Alleys for sundowner (then run to beach and get best lighting dusk photos). Always a good scene!
- Great Southern Cafe- they get all of their produce locally!
- Shrimp Shack (you would like if you like seafood, go in and order at counter, sit down and they bring it to you. Super quick and easy!)
- Pizza Bar (sit down, more restaurant style, could do for lunch or dinner. Great with your kids! Owned by Bud and Alley's).
- Taco bar (Also by Bud and Alley's. Great margs and it's quick & easy!).
- Pescado - loved this dinner the MOST. They have an awesome rooftop with amazing views!
- Cowgirl kitchen - if you like dirty food, this ones for you
- La Crema Tapas - lunch or dinner, super yum
- Edwards Fine Foods and Wine - does lunch Wed-Sun until 3. Fine dining with a casual atmosphere!
- Paradis - dinner and cocktails, lot's of fresh seafood
- The Pearl Hotel - love the rooftop bar!
Photographed by: @NicoleMurphy424242
GLUTEN FREE EATS
- Meltdown on 30A
- Fish Out of Water Restaurant
- Chanticleer Eatery
- Five Daughters Bakery
- Barefoot BBQ
- Cafe Thirty A - Seagrove Beach, great service!
- George’s - Alys Beach, a staple
- Caliza - Alys Beach, leave the kids at home and head here!
- The Red Bar - Such a classic in Grayton Beach. There's a DJ Thursday-Saturday and Live Music throughout the week.
- Love pizza?! Pizza By The Sea at Watercolor Crossings is great! Order early because it takes a while to deliver or pick up.
- The Citizen at Alys Beach - A coastal tavern serving creative local fare
Sit by Watercolor Beach pool. Don’t forget to bring the key cards they give you-- you can’t get in without them!!
- @cc.boome luxury parties (website here) for an afternoon fete with friends- she's awesome!
- SUP or Kayak on the Watercolor lake- super fun!
- Rosemary/ Alys shopping all day
- Club Cabana Man - a MUST if you want to sit on the beach
- Fishing Charter out of Grayton
- Charcuterie for cocktail hour
- TRX Class at the Watercolor Boat House
- Farmer’s market Saturdays
- Golf in Sandestin, you can get a day pass
- Wanna darty?! Grab a pontoon boat and cruise out to Crab Island
- The Bay on Wednesday's for live music
- Sanders Beach Rentals
- Capt Larry at Dead Fish Charters (he drops his big boat right out of Grayton)
- 360 Blue Rentals
- For house hunting and home sales with Nicole Murphy and James Watts
- Ophelia (1 location in the back of seaside square and 1 location in Seagrove. Love for swimsuits!)
- Mercantile (Seaside square)
- Cabana (Seaside square, beach side)
- Old Florida Outfitters (for boys, in Watercolor)
- Patchouli’s (Rosemary)
- Alys Beach store (30a)
- Disco (cute clothes)
- Willow (curated really well! Located in Seaside)
- Willow + Mercer (located in Rosemary)
- Faherty (Ayls Beach)
- **BE SURE TO LOCK YOUR BIKES IN THE GARAGE TO A RACK OR ELSE THE WATERCOLOR PATROL PEOPLE “TOW” THEM AND YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET THEM BACK**
- Use Instacart for delivery
- No Ubers! Rent a car or bike everywhere!
- Book your golf cart, bikes, electric cars as soon as you get your rental. Don't wait!
- BREAKFAST-- Cook at home every morning, I recommend getting a big grocery haul at Publix! There is also a coffee shop in the square called Amavida. Really good coffee!!
- Use Turo for car rental