The Pure Truth / Meet Our Founder | Switch2Pure
Meet Our Founder | Switch2Pure
By Estela Cockrell
The thrill of discovery. The confidence of clean.
At Switch2Pure, we believe that clean beauty and skincare don't need to be complicated. We take the guesswork out of switching to safer, with subscriptions, kits and collections that put pure-yet-powerful products into your hands and home. We pore over every label, obsess over every ingredient and test every product—so you don’t have to. Then we send you tried-and-true products based on your own wants and needs, so you can discover your new toxin-free favorites—and clean up your skincare regimen for good.
All we wanted was products free from harmful chemicals that could make us sick. Was it too much to ask?
For Switch2Pure Founder, Estela Cockrell, it was.
She found out the hard way. Faced with mysterious symptoms and diagnoses from allergies to autoimmune disorders, Estela took a closer look at the everyday products her family used and discovered the ugly truth: health-harming parabens, gluten and phthalates (just the tip of the toxic iceberg). So she asked more questions and searched for safer alternatives. Instead, she found complicated labels. Empty marketing promises and sneaky chemicals in the form of fragrance. Products that irritated or didn’t work. Uninspired formulas a far cry from the luxury brands she once adored.
From that challenge, an epiphany: millions of people—new moms, allergy sufferers, autoimmune patients, health-conscious consumers—must be in the same label-reading rut. It could be simpler. It should be better.
Backed by a small army of (slightly obsessive) label-reading experts, Estela set out to make it easier for anyone, at any age, to find safer products that really, truly work. We’ve done the research. We’ve found the answers. We’re here to help you Switch2Pure.
Why go clean? Let us count the reasons.
- Our skin (fun fact: our largest organ!) absorbs up to 60% of what we put on it.
- Number of potentially harmful ingredients banned from personal care and home products in the EU: 1,300
Number of ingredients banned in the U.S.: 11
- Repeated, low-dose exposure to these chemicals has been linked to asthma, eczema, cancer, cognitive disorders, birth defects—and more.
- The average newborn arrives with 287 chemicals in her umbilical cord blood—217 of which are neurotoxic.
- The FDA may not ban formaldehyde from shampoo or phthalates from face wash—but we can (and we do).