Hints + Tips + Alchemy / How-To Gua Sha to glow!
How-To Gua Sha to glow!
By Estela Cockrell
We've been hearing the buzz around our shop about "what is the Gua sha and how do you use it?" Kind of like our crystal rollers, Gua Sha aids in lymphatic drainage, de-puffing, and firming your face muscles deep below the surface. It works deeply to release tension, stress held within the muscles. Gua Sha stimulate circulation which helps with collagen production and firmness for visibly younger skin. So even if you have a crystal roller (product penetration, lymphatic drainage, lymphatic drainage), Gua Sha are more of a deep muscular work out and firming deep within. They are also great to break down scar tissue and release tight TMJ joints, help with pressure point release and migraines. AND, Gua Sha can be used throughout the body to stimulate circulation (great for swelling and cellulite). Check out our IGTV for the workout.
Called the Eastern Facelift (you won't need botox after all!), Gua Sha is traditional Chinese medicine that has the following effects when used:
- Firms up your facial muscles and reduces sagging
- Smoothens the skin while getting rid of pesky wrinkles
- Improves dark circles and bags under the eyes (YES, please)
- Your complexion gets rosier and more radiant
- Helps clear up acne, rosacea, and other skin diseases on your face
- Helps with the appearance of cellulite
- Helps reduce stress and build up deep in the muscle
Here's a quick guide on how to use the Gua Sha tool and you'll be asking yourself why you didn't get this sooner. Hello, face YOUNGER YOU!
1. Apply facial serum or oil before starting (after day or night cleansing routine)
2. Scrape in an upwards motions from the eyebrows to the hairline.
3. Move to the cheeks and scrape outwards from the crease of the nose until the ear.
4. Use the end of the gua sha tool with two curves and scrape from the chin until the ear.
CHECK OUT OUR IGTV on exactly how to Gua Sha.
We have 3 amazing Gua Shas: